We love God’s Word. Here at Parkside, we preach through the Bible and all of our teaching walks through what it says. Below you will find an explanation of the basic beliefs of the Bible, and a link to our Statement of Faith, which includes the Doctrinal Beliefs from which we teach, and Distinctives of our church.
Statement on Final Authority:
We believe that God has revealed Himself to the world through the person and work of His Son, Jesus Christ; this revelation is recorded authoritatively and inerrantly in the Bible. Though various theological statements provide necessary boundaries in ministry, we ultimately submit ourselves to God’s Words as recorded in the Bible.
1. There is one God, creator of the universe and all that exists, who eternally exists in three distinct persons who are fully God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. All Scripture is inspired by God and is inerrant, authoritative, and sufficient for all things.
3. All humanity is made in the image of God and is also sinful from birth and by action. Therefore, all humanity is spiritually dead, and remains under the wrath of God.
4. Jesus Christ, eternally God the Son, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and is both fully God and fully human.
5. Jesus Christ died in the place of sinful humanity on the cross to pay the penalty of sin and satisfy the wrath of God. He rose bodily from the grave, ascended into Heaven, and will one day return bodily to earth.
6. Only through repentance and trust in the person and redemptive work of Jesus Christ can one be reconciled to God and enter Heaven.
7. Salvation is all an act of God's grace according to His sovereign and eternal plans and can never be revoked or lost. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone for the glory of God alone.
8. There will be a future bodily resurrection of the dead. Those who depend and trust in Jesus Christ will be raised to eternal life. Those who do not repent and trust in Jesus Christ will be raised to eternal punishment.